We woke up to a cloudy day that quickly turned rainy. We weren't in a
hurry to get under way so we spent a relaxing morning painting and
playing games. I did a couple of paintings of ducks and the swan we
met on the trip. I brought an extra watercolor pad in case I was able
to inspire the kids to want to paint. Well, today they did. London
painted this picture of our boat of when we stopped to pick
blackberries. You can see the blackberry bush in the background. Raven
painted a close up of part of the boat and a picture of a pig. Nathan
was inspired to use the paints on his Star Trek Entreprise ship he
brought. We decided to venture out into the weather to go to the shop
and the rain decided to let up just then and we have had a beautiful
sunny day since.
We went back through the tunnel again. I was able to find out exactly
how long it is. I was very far off on my first guesstimate. The tunnel
is 1170 yards long. We only had to pass 1 boat in it today, and we had
3 following us.
We just had an exciting experience. My Mom was sitting with Raven by
the door and she thought she heard something outside the door and
asked Raven to go check. Raven opened the door and a big black dog
came bounding in and scared them. I was in the back and heard them
scream and then start to laugh. The dog was from another narrow boat
that is parked next to us. We got to meet the embarrassed owner, who
was very nice. We have seen a lot of dogs on the canal boats. There
was an exceptionally cute pair of West Highland Terriers wearing life
jackets walking back and forth on the top of their boat. I better quit
as I am needed to play "Bang!"
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment