Monday, September 10, 2007

I Love to Travel!

Today is all about trains. We got up early this morning to take the
Chunnel train to London. We changed to Kings Cross Station to catch
the train to Scotland. As you can see, the kids got the luggage
trolley half way through to Platform 9 3/4 before it got stuck.
Nathan is mad because we missed the Hogwarts Express. We are 10 days
late. This would have been his first year at Hogwart's, as he turned
11 this summer. But I am afraid that not getting through the barrier
confirms that he is a Muggle after all. We are now on a non-express
train and have ridden all the way through England from south to north.
We have just passed through New Castle, which all Jane Austen fans
know as where Wickham got transferred to after he married Lydia.
I love to travel! I love everything about it. I love the planning and
anticipation. I love flying. I love the fact that I can get on a
plane and a couple of movies, dinner, and a nap later and...voila! I'm
in another country! I love meeting new people, trying new foods,
exploring new places and revisiting old favorites. I love it for the
things I have learned and experienced...the way it makes everything
more real. Mostly I think I love it for who it helps me to become. It
helps me to be my best self. Priorities become clearer, life gets
simpler. I focus on what is truly important. I become inspired. I
think this is true for the rest of my family as well. They are amazing
to travel with. Everyone seems a little kinder, a little more
patient, more flexible and adaptable. Maybe they aren't different,
maybe it's just me, but I enjoy it either way. We are approaching
Edinburgh. Only 2 more trains today and we will be with our friends! I
love this!

No comments: