Sunday, September 9, 2007

Day 5 - Lille


Today is our last day in France.  We went to our first Catholic Mass today.  The church was beautiful and I really enjoyed the music.  After lunch we went and walked around Lille.  It is a really pretty city with beautiful buildings.  Besides this Blog I am attempting to record this trip by watercolor.  This is a picture of the LaPointe's house that I did today.  We have had a wonderful time here.  We have felt very comfortable.  The food has been wonderful.  Nathan has enjoyed the food as much as anyone and definately more than he usually does. Raven is not very happy right now because she just found out that we have to leave tomorrow.  I am trying to reassure her that we will see Victor and his sisters again.  I admit that I am sad to see this part of our trip  end as well.  David leaves us tomorrow to fly home. We will miss him.  I think he has mixed feelings.  I am sure he will miss us, but he has probably missed work even more!  One consolation I  have is that we are going to meet more friends in Scotland tomorrow.  Until then, au revoir!



No comments: