We had a fairly quiet day exploring the village of Dunkeld today.
They have quite a few cute little shops for such a small town. There
is a darling little bookshop just across the road from our front door
called "Sweetwords". I found out the name of the book that my
neighborhood book group is doing next, so I asked them if they had it
and they ordered it in for me and it arrived today. That's quicker
than Barnes & Noble! We got our bacon for breakfast from the butcher's
shop, and lunch from the bakery. They have a dress shop, a florist, a
'druggist', an antique shop, Scottish wool shop. The shop below our
apartment sells Indonesian furniture. Dunkeld even has a shop where
you can paint your own pottery called "Going Pottie". We did receive
the promised rain today, but it didn't last long. I think we wore the
kids out on our walks because everyone was tired today.
I worked on my watercolors some more today. I finished the one of the
Dunkeld Cathedral as well as one of the Loch of the Lowes and this one
of Beatrix Potters' Benjamin Bunny.
Linda had to go home today, but Olivia's husband Simon was able to
join us today for the weekend so there are still 10 in our party.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment