This is our last day in Scotland. It has been a wonderful week and has
gone by too quickly. It is a rainy Sunday today. We are spending a
quiet day indoors. There isn't a church close enough to get to, so we
had our own at home. We had a fabulous English dinner with roast beef
and Yorkshire pudding that Simon and Oly made for us. Olivia is the
friend that I've known longer than any of my friends. That's pretty
amazing considering I've always lived in Utah and she's always lived
in the UK. We have pictures of us playing in a cardboard box at 18
months. We've kept in touch over the years through mail and visits. We
were bridesmaids in each others weddings. Email helps now days, but
it's not the same as getting a letter in the mail. They have recently
moved to the tip of Scotland where they have sheep and a horse. They
have 3 kids who my kids have had a great time playing with this week.
They are very much into the outdoors and started their own magazine
dedicated to wilderness survival and all things nature. It is an
excellent magazine. You can check out their website at www.bushcraftmagazine.com
I have had a good time catching up and watching our children play
together. I hope to see them again soon in Utah for a family survival
camp experience.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment