We started our day off with a splash!
We had barely started down the canal for the day and Nathan and I were walking along the gunwhale (that means the tiny rim around the boat) to go sit on the front when I heard a splash behind me. Nathan slipped off the side and fell into the canal! He was wearing a life vest and we were able to pull him in quickly. A little too quickly, because I wasn't able to get a picture.
We had barely started down the canal for the day and Nathan and I were walking along the gunwhale (that means the tiny rim around the boat) to go sit on the front when I heard a splash behind me. Nathan slipped off the side and fell into the canal! He was wearing a life vest and we were able to pull him in quickly. A little too quickly, because I wasn't able to get a picture.
Of course I didn't think about it at the time. I'm afraid we may have had an iPod casualty.
We docked at the same place last night that we did the first night and our baby ducks came back.
Our travels took us back down the Foxton Locks and through the swing bridge. This picture is from the top of the locks as we were waiting to go down. Raven is petting the dog that came barging into our boat last night. We docked on the far side of the swing bridge and went for a walk through Foxton and back to the locks. Foxton is a tiny village with pretty cottages that all have names. We picked more blackberries on the way back, so we get more with custard tonight!
When we got back to our boat we found a new boat parked next to us that was empty and not tied down. It kept drifting around the canal until it got close enough to us and then Arven climbed on and got their ropes and he and my mom tied them down in the pouring rain. It was an eventful day! 
No comments:
Post a Comment