David & I got to participate in the filming of a music video for some friends. One of our homeschooling families has a daughter who has a music trio. She plays the keyboard and her friends play the violin. The video was to their version of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance in Steam Punk style. It was a lot of fun and turned out great! Below is a cast photo. Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDGpYbRc78I
Raven and I were only home for a week from Paris when we headed out on our next girls adventure. This was a 3 generation mother / daughter trip to the Big Apple. Raven got into Open Jar Institute, a broadway acting camp, and my mom and I accompanied her for the week.
Here is Raven's group on the first night in Time's Square. There were only 23 kids in the camp. They held auditions all over the country. They were a very talented, fun & polite group and Raven had a lot of fun and learned a lot with them.
My mom & I had fun exploring the city during the day while Raven was in camp.
We did the city bus tour and took advantage of the stops. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the MOMA, and the Guggenheim. Here we are on the boat tour to see the Statue of Liberty.
Each evening after the camp, we got to accompany the group to dinner and to a Broadway show. Here is Raven and friends at the first nights dinner. The shows we saw were Newsies, Evita, Peter and the Starcatcher & Spiderman.
We caught a speedy Pedi -cab ride back to our hotel after Newsies. Raven is sporting her new Newsies cap.
Here is my lovely mother overlooking Manhattan from the Top of the Rock. Some of the other fun things we did included attending the Manhattan Temple, and eating a giant Pastrami sandwich at Carnegie Deli.
Here is Raven with Emma, the other girl attending from Utah. The program was really well done. They worked with broadway choreographers, directors, agents and casting directors and learned a lot and got a lot of good information. The kids did a real audition this week. After many call backs, two of the boys were cast in the musical 'A Christmas Story'. Raven & I want to go back to see them.
My mom and I did a pedicab ride through Central Park. I had a really great week spending time with my mom. She is my best example and I love and appreciate her!
The last (of Many) group photo after Spiderman on the last night. This week went by really fast.
I was very pleased with the quality of the program and the people running it. Maybe we'll be back next year!
The kids had a busy July doing things with out me as well. Nathan went to San Diego while we were in New York. He stayed with our friends the Clark's and went with Alan to Comic-Con. Nathan had a blast and has talked about it a lot since and is scheduled to go back next year already. Again, I'm grateful for other great people in my children's lives!
London & Raven both went to Lake Powell for camp, but not simultaneously. They were both on houseboats and did hikes and water sports. They had a lot of fun and made friends in our new ward.
London & Nathan went to EFY at BYU the week Raven was in Lake Powell. They learned a lot and had a good experience. David and I agreed on a car for Nathan and surprised him with it when we picked them up from EFY. He is the proud owner of a Toyota Prius. It will be a good economical car for him that should last him and while and keep him safe. I am finally ready for him to be a driver. He has proven to be competent and safe and I will have less people that need transportation, and another driver to help me accomplish it!

No comments:
Post a Comment