Monday, February 27, 2012

February 2012

February was a fun and speedy month.   Even with the extra day, this month has flown by.   I guess it was because we were so busy doing fun things.     The first highlight of the month was the Regency Romance Ball.   The ball was held two nights this year and David and I got to go both nights to help teach the dances.   Here we are in our ensembles for Friday night.     Saturday night was even more fun, because we had a lot of friends join us.    Abe Fox won the Mr Darcy award this year.   I think we should try to keep it in the group every year!  I love being able to recreate the most romantic parts of the Regency Era!


February also brought the performances of 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.  Raven played Scout and London played Jem.   They had a lot of fun with this.  They really enjoyed going to every rehearsal.  They worked hard and did a great job with their parts.   I was so proud!


They had 7 shows and did a great job every time.  They even figured out how they were going to improv on the night that Dill threw up onstage from the balcony during the courtroom scene.  The projectile vomit landed in Atticus's chair.  Thank goodness he wasn't sitting in it at the time.   The show went on like nothing happened, except that Dill and Reverend Sykes left the balcony for a while.  Dill came back with a different shirt on in time to do the scene where he and Scout go out and Scout asks "What's the matter with you?  Ain't ya feeling all right?  Why'd you run out?"  - It couldn't have been a better line to follow that!      This was a great experience for them and all who came to see the show.


We bought a new vehicle!   I have been saying for years that I wanted a school bus.   Ms Frizzle is one of my heroes and I wanted my own Magic School Bus to take on field trips.   Well, Nathan noticed one in the back yard of a house near us and decided to go knock on the door and ask if they wanted to sell it.   The owner had been asked that question many times, but we happened to ask at the right time.  He and his wife were planning to get rid of some stuff and take off and travel.  Plus he got to meet our family and I think he liked us and thought that we would love and appreciate the bus.   Which we will!   We are excited to have many adventures and field trips in our bus with our friends.   Seat Belts Everyone!! 
(And it does have seat belts!)

1 comment:

christini yogini said...

So cool! Congratulations on the play, kiddos! And I know you're enjoying your magic school bus. You'll have to take me on a field trip someday! :)