Sunday, August 30, 2009

Shakespeare Festival July 22-26

I will briefly mention that our family went down to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City over the 24th of July weekend. My mom picked Nathan and I up in Orem at our Hebrew class we were taking at the time and we drove into Cedar City on Wednesday night. I had signed up to take Elementary Theatre Methods from SUU for 3 days, and it started early on the 23rd. While I was in class all day, my mom had the kids. I think they played in the pool and I know they went to see the matinee of 'The Secret Garden' . Raven auditioned for the role of Mary and she even got a call back, but she didn't get the part. It was kind of sad. We would have definitely had a different summer if she had. Nathan was sweet. After the play he said 'Raven would have done it better.' That night we all saw 'The Comedy of Errors'. That was hilarious!

After the play, I went to pick David up at the Cedar City airport. He flew in to join us from somewhere. It was nice of him to show up. I think they spent Friday at a parade and at Cedar Breaks National Park while I was in class again. My class was interesting. I learned a lot of good things, including the fact that I am still glad I homeschool. That night we say 'As You Like It'. The kids are really good at following Shakespeare and understanding what is happening in the plays.

Saturday I was back in class again. David's parents came down and brought Tyler, Megan, Michael and Cameron with them. They all spent the day at Zions National Park. It was a bit of an ordeal getting everyone back in time to go see 'Henry V'. They were dirty, but we managed to get showers and changed and get to the play on time. Most of us anyway. David dad wasn't going to come at the last minute with the cousins, but did show up sometime before intermission. We had a late dinner with them after the show. The next day we drove home and they drove on to Arizona.

No comments: