Friday, April 10, 2009

Mount Vernon

We checked out of our condo today and started heading north. We had to
stop in Woodbridge at a Lego store. The kids had been looking forward
to that all week. Once they found their treasures we had lunch and
then headed to Mount Vernon. We waited in line fir over 2 hours to get
in to tour the house. The employees said it was a record setting day,
they have never had more visitors there in a single day. I hope that
means that more Americans are increasing their patriotism, and wanting
to learn more about the founding fathers and the principles they
beleived in. At least it was a beautiful day. At Monticello we had a
specific ticket time for our tour, so we didn't have to wait in line
until 5 minutes before our tour. David and I took turns waiting in
line while the other took the kids around the estate.
The house was impressive and very colorful, which I loved. I can see
why Washington said that no other house was more pleasantly situated
than Mount Vernon. There was a neat museum about Washington there
too. He definately sacrificed a lot in the service of our country.

No comments: